National Construction Code 20162 May 2016
The 2016 National Construction Code is in effect from Monday 2 May, 2016.
The National Construction Code (NCC) 2016 version will remain force for a 3-year period.
There have been some significant changes to the Code from NCC 2015 and members are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with the various changes in the Code.
The changes and amendments are listed in each volume of the NCC, available online here.
Changes that may be of particular interest to members include:
- the clear change of name from the BCA to the NCC
- the definition of “effective height”
- the introduction of “farm building” and “farm shed” as a building type
- clarification on car park fire compartments and vehicle ramp openings
- concession for timber stairs in fire-isolated stairways
- clarification regarding where separate male and female sanitary facilities must be provided