People @ architecture - national webinar16 August 2016
Laraine Sperling focuses on the people of architecture for the August 2016 webinar.
The presentation on 31 August will cover how to be a good employer and get the best from your people – BOOK NOW!
Discussion points include:
How to be an employer of choice
- The Do’s and Dont’s of employing people – first principles
- What’s all the talk about ‘culture’!
- How to foster greater ambassadors … they’re your team!
- Managing structure – skillsets and variations of employment to meet the businesses’ needs
- “Who’s on first, What’s on second” – building a team
What does Best Practice really mean?
- Making diversity a non-gender centric activity – diversity for all!
- Examining the ‘master-slave’ phenomena
- Are architects different to other employees? Yes!
- Contract v’s FTE v’s Casual
The 4 R’s – remuneration, reward, recognition ... retrenchment
- What do these mean on a medium-small practice
- Can reward really take different forms and shapes?
- What if you don’t …
- Keeping ahead of the pack – isn’t always about money …
The day-to-day issues shared by all
- Overtime – where do I start!?
- Next Gen – zoom in, zoom out (social media!!)
- How do I manage training / growth / advancement / failure?
- Not everyone is a boss / the world really is a pyramid
- How can I make my people cost me less money and earn me more
- What do I do when it all goes wrong
Our speaker – Laraine Sperling
Laraine has over twenty years’ experience in professional services in the property and development industry, and has held senior roles helping businesses establish initiatives and best practice principles to achieve their goals. Laraine’s focus is on people, culture and business development, particularly fthe benefits of developing trust, accountability and delivering results. Her expertise ensures that the HR elements of architecture are effective and weave into the fabric of business outcomes. Laraine is well-connected within the design and development industry in both the public and private sectors and is active in the Australian Institute of Architects and National Association of Women in Construction.
Wednesday, 31 August, 2016
WA 10.30am registration for 11 am – 12 pm
SA, NT 12 noon registration for 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm
NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas, Qld 12.30 pm registration for 1pm – 2 pm
Includes a light lunch at the venue of your choice.
For further information contact Michelle Eades at [email protected] or 0432 646 711.
This event will deliver one hour of formal CPD.
The ACA National Webinars are hosted by ACA members across Australia. Members located close to a host office meet with others over a simple lunch, combining professional development with an opportunity to chat with fellow members and actively participate in the national discussion.
Members located remotely, regionally, or at a distance from a host office are able to login online. You will be sent details of this once you have booked.
Venues are listed below.
Level 7 232 Victoria Parade
New South Wales
Fulton Trotter Architects
Level 3, 35 Spring Street
Ph 02 9369 5941
Suite 2, 19 Harris Street
Ph 02 8569 5000
Unit 13, 829 Old Northern Road
Ph 02 9651 6500
Fulton Trotter Architects
18 Portman Lane,
Ph 07 3291 1511
10 Elder Place
Meyer Shircore and Associates
Suite 2, Ground Floor
437 Roberts Road
SA, Tasmania and NT
Member in ACT, SA, NT and Tasmania can log in online