ACA - QLD/NT February Update
As we head into another busy year, David Brian offers a summary of news and events from the QLD/NT Branch Committee.
The ACA and AIA are undertaking a National Digital Capability Survey and the results will be finalised soon.
The closing date for this survey has been extended, so if you haven’t completed it, please do so by 10 February.
We encourage all members to participate to understand current capabilities and what information and training will be required to ensure practices remain at the forefront.
Welcome to QLD/NT New Members
ACA – QLD/NT membership is now at 92 representing over 760 technical staff. Welcome to the following new members.
- Jessica Hardwick Architecture
- Julian Conrad Architects
- Honu Design Studio
- Christopher Skinner
- Husband Architects Pty Ltd
- DC8 Pty Ltd (t/a DC8 Studio)
- PHAB Architects
- Mullins Design Architects
Thank you to all members who completed the Event Survey.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will assist us when developing a program which is relevant and of interest to the membership.
Below is a summary of the responses.
- 78.72% of respondents had attended events and there was significant interest for regional activities.
- 98% heard about the events through ACA invitations and the national newsletter.
- The Friday lunch format was the most popular followed by breakfast and early evening sessions.
- Topics of interest, the experience of speakers/panellists and site tours of prominent buildings were three of the most popular reasons for attending events.
- The cost of ACA events is kept to a minimum and 75% stated cost was not a factor of attendance.
- The venue and location is a factor of influence largely due to the fact that most events are conducted in Brisbane.
- Parking does not appear to influence attendance.
- Hot topics included Building value and managing change; The Bid! How to win work; Fee setting required to do a project; Cash-flow for architectural practices; and Producing ‘work ready’ graduates.
The 2019 QLD/NT Calendar of Events is available and further updates will be sent as final details are confirmed. We look forward to seeing you during the year.
David Brian is the ACA – QLD/NT Committee Member/Events and a Design Director with dwp in Brisbane.