Know your Award and Legislative Changes16 April 2020
Join the ACA and Michael Corrigan for our Know Your Award 2020 formal CPD webinar on Thursday 23 April at 1pm. Learn about 2020 Award updates, COVID-19 measures and personal leave changes. Book now to reserve your place.
Changes to the Architects Award come into effect 4 May, additional Fair Work legislative changes have been announced and Covid-19 measures have been put into place for six months. To learn more about how these changes will affect your practice, book now for a webinar that will cover the following topics:
2020 Award updates
- Changes to definitions of a Student of Architecture and the inclusion of the definition of Bachelor Degree with a pathway to a Master of Architecture.
- New classification inserted into the award Bachelor Degree with a pathway to a Master of Architecture and the rates of pay.
- Where employees fit into the rates schedule.
- Updated competencies and annual reviews
- Student to Bachelor Degree to Master of Architecture and what happens in between.
- Graduate of Architecture through to Registered Architects.
- Allowances – updates to equipment used in an architectural practice.
Other updates and legislative changes
- Covid-19 measures
- All five awards applicable for our industry have been be affected by changes to allow annual leave at half pay and two weeks unpaid Covid-19 leave
- Jobkeeper payments
- Personal leave (January 2020)
Michael heads the team at Platinum Employee Relations. He has over 20 years of human resource and industrial relations experience in public and private sector management, together with experience in the trade union movement. This gives him particular insight into varying and changing workplace issues. He has appeared on behalf of clients in the NSW, Queensland and Australian Industrial Relations Commissions, Anti-Discrimination Commissions and WorkCover, covering matters including disputes, wages recoveries, unfair dismissals, award variations, negotiations, discrimination claims and WorkCover claims. Michael has assisted the ACA since 2007 in award updates and reviews and provides general human resource and industrial relations advice to members.
Thursday 23 April 2020
Webinar broadcast 1 – 2pm AEST
(WA 11am-12pm, NT and SA 12.30-1.30pm, Qld, ACT, NSW, Tas and Vic 1-2pm)
This webinar will be run through remote login and recording access only using GoToWebinar. There will be no host practices in operation.
Please choose your preferred attendance method through the booking page under "Sections" and select your ticket type – remote access or recording access.
*One ticket per attendee.
To reserve your place, make your booking here.
Participation in this event will deliver one formal CPD point.
AACA Competency – Practice Management - 9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice, practice management and registration as an architect.
- Understand changes to the award coming into effect from 4 May 2020
- Understand recent legislative changes and short-term Covid-19 measures
- Understand other recent changes such as those to personal leave
- Understand what the above points mean for your practice and compliance with these requirements
CPD questions for this webinar will be sent to attendees before the webinar and will also be accessible for download from the webinar platform.
If you require a certificate of attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NSW participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance in accordance with new NSW ARB directives and must provide their NSW ARB Registration number when booking for this purpose.
Please keep your receipt and completed questions for your records.
For more information, contact Webinar Program Manager Katherine Ygosse.
Online Event Sponsor
This ACA national and ACA – Qld/NT joint event is kindly supported by our Qld/NT Branch sponsors.