Australian Construction Industry Forum Update
John Held, ACA – SA President, provides an update on recent ACIF activities.
ACA is a member of this forum, a peak body of most of the organisations involved in the construction industry. John Held and Simon Hanger represented ACA at the recent Melbourne meeting, which was followed by a joint meeting with the Australian Procurement and Construction Council, the peak government procurement body.
Note the following points of interest:
- Further upgrading of the Construction Industry Forecasts and its website.
- More involvement in BIM policy coordination.
- Discussions on the advantages that could flow from having the National Construction Code freely available; and rationalising of the building approval process.
- Two guides are set to be released soon – The Case for Project Team Integration and the Project Team Integration Workbook. These resources will help to promote collaborative processes and team culture, the keys to minimising wasted effort, reducing disputes, and creating excellent project outcomes.
- A presentation from the New Zealand government on the opportunities available for Australian firms in the NZ market, particularly with the scale of the Canterbury rebuild.
For further information, refer to http://www.acif.com.au/acif-news.
John Held is ACA – SA President and an ACA representative at ACIF. This item was first published in ACA Communique, October 2013.