ACA Member Discount - Be Informed Briefing (NSW)14 March 2019
Informed by Planned Cover is offering ACA members a special discounted rate for a seminar on working in the construction industry post the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
Informed by Planned Cover will present a panel of experienced professionals working in the construction industry to discuss how they are dealing with the practical and regulatory challenges of the post-Grenfell era.
Speakers Craig Burns (Technical Director, BVN), Carlos Quaglia (Fire Engineer/Managing Director, Stephen Grubits and Associates) and Richard Choy (Chief Executive Officer, NATSPEC) will provide their insights into issues such as:
- how relevant is Grenfell to Australia?
- the Lacrosse fire and the BCA performance requirements;
- specifying facade materials – it’s still not easy;
- builder-initiated product substitutions;
- responsibilities for verifying product compliance;
- are current codes, standards and legislation enough to drive the development of better products and materials?;
- the imminent changes to the National Construction Code (NCC 2019).
8.30am–9.30am (registration from 8.15am)
Thursday 28 March 2019
The Crypt, St Patrick’s Church
20 Grosvenor Street
The Rocks, Sydney
General Admission: $60
ACA members: $45 (use discount code: NSWBRIEFACA)
1 formal hour
Informed by Planned Cover will follow up this presentation with a national webinar 'The Lacrosse Tower Fire: The Judgment' on 11 April. Head here for more information and to make a booking.
Informed is the education and risk management arm of specialist insurance broker Planned Cover, one of ACA’s national corporate sponsors.