Intellectual Property for Architects10 September 2014
NOTE: THIS WEBINAR HAS NOW BEEN HELD. MEMBERS CAN DOWNLOAD THE PRESENTATION HERE.
The first ACA Insight National Webinar explores the complexities of Intellectual Property for Architects – book now for this lunchtime event on 1 October.
Join speaker Shelley Einfeld and ACA members across the country for this important overview of IP law and what it means for architects. Topics covered will include
- Copyright – Who owns it? What can be protected? What can be copied?
- Licence to build / use of architectural drawings for which the architect has not been paid
- Moral rights
- A pot pourri of other relevant IP issues – for example, trade mark rights in the names of buildings; refurbishment; contracts
- Case studies
Shelley’s presentation will be followed by a dicussion in which all attendees are able to present questions.
Our speaker – Shelley Einfeld
Shelley Einfeld has practised intellectual property law for over 24 years and has specialised in trade mark law since 1998. She is a consultant with AJ Park, where she works with both Australian and international clients and has managed large trade mark portfolios in a wide range of industries. Shelley advises clients on all aspects of trade mark filing, prosecution, opposition and removal actions, brand strategy and trade mark disputes.
Shelley holds BA and LLB degrees from the University of New South Wales and an LLM (Intellectual Property) degree from the University of Melbourne. She is a Registered Trade Mark Attorney and a Notary Public (NSW). Shelley is a committee member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) and is a member of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA).
October 1, 2014
WA 10.30am registration for 11 am – 12.30 pm
SA, NT 12 registration for 12.30pm – 1.30 pm
NSW, ACT, Vic, Tas, Qld 12.30 registration for 1pm – 2 pm
Includes a light lunch at the venue of your choice.
RSVP by 26 September by booking online here – this also allows you identify which venue you wish to attend. Numbers are limited at each venue, so make sure you book early.
For further infomation contact Michelle Eades at firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 0432 646 711.
This event will deliver one hour of formal CPD. A questionnaire to qualify for CPD requirements will be provided to those who register for the webinar.
- Gain a general understanding of the different types of intellectual property rights in Australia (including copyright, trade marks, designs, patents) and how they can be protected and enforced.
- Understand the essentials of copyright law and how it applies to architectural plans and other creations
- Appreciate the meaning of moral rights and how those rights can be enforced.
- Learn about other legal that which may come up in the context of architectural practice and related areas.
- Understand how Australian courts have interpreted IP laws to decide cases.
- Discuss issues they have faced in practice and see if/how IP laws could work to resolve those issues.
The ACA National Webinars are hosted by ACA members across Australia. Members located close to a host office meet with others over a simple lunch, combining professional development with an opportunity to chat with fellow members and actively participate in the national discussion.
Members located remotely, regionally, or at a distance from a host office are able to login online. You will be sent details of this once you have booked.
Venues are listed below.
AC and A Architects
3/28 Thynne Street, Bruce.
Ph 6282 4311.
Fulton Trotter Architects
Level 3, 35 Spring Street
Ph: 9369 5941
Suite 2, 19 Harris Street
Ph: 8569 5000
Suite 7, 100 Penshurst Street
Ph: 9958 7950
16 Dunlop Street
Ph 9630 9911
829 Old Northern Road Dural
FPPV Pty Ltd
76 Hoddle Street
Birelli Art, Architecture Design
108A Tamar St, Launceston
Ph 6333 7600
Morrison and Breytenbach Architects
82 Warwick St, Hobart
Ph 6231 1082
Parry and Rosenthal Architects
43 Ventnor Avenue
Ph 9481 0540
144 Arthur Street
Ph 3124 2069
Mark Williams Architects
1404 Logan Road
Ph 3349 7369
Russell and Yelland Architects
101 Frederick Street
Ph 8172 8700
Northern Territory members will log in remotely for this first National Webinar. We hope that subsequent events in the National Webinar Series will include a host practices in the Northern Territory.
Thanks to our generous host practices. If your practice is interested in becoming an ACA National Webinar host please get in touch – email us at email@example.com