PI Claims & Other Contractual Risks26 June 2019
Join the QLD/NT branch on 26 July for the latest in the Risky Business Lunch Series.
The Risky Business Lunch Series has become one of the most popular events on the QLD/NT calendar. Current issues are addressed with practical application to architectural practices.
This year, John Moore, Partner of Thynne + Macartney, will discuss a number of recent professional indemnity claims and contractual risks including:
- An update on the Lacrosse Tower decision and ACPs
- Joint ventures and the liability between the architectural practices for mistakes and errors
- Novation and changes to the design brief/value management
- Limitation of liability clauses included in subconsultant fee agreement/contracts
- Safety in Design: a recent claim
- An update on the Shell Service Station “high wall” personal injury claim
- Discussion on arbitration versus mediation (including John’s recommendation to avoid arbitration clauses in Client Architect agreements).
Attendees are encouraged to participate in the Forum discussion and to introduce additional professional indemnity issues for review and discussion.
About the Speaker
Over 30 years ago, John Moore developed the Professional Risk Group at Thynne + Macartney. John has a long history of specialist practice in the area of professional negligence and defence of professionals of various disciplines and in relation to a wide variety of claims from very large and complex matters to smaller cases. He has been involved in many complex litigated cases and appeals and some very significant high value claims and disputes in a variety of jurisdictions.
12.30pm for 1–3pm Friday
26 July 2019
United Services Club,
183 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill
Member $120, Non-member $140
1 formal CPD point
Register here by 5pm on Tuesday, 23 July 2019
comments powered by Disqus