Risky Business9 July 2020
Save the Date for our annual Risky Business event on Friday 24 July.
This year’s Risky Business presentation will press the reset button on common legal issues for architectural practices.
John Moore (Partner of Thynne + Macartney) will be joined by Karen Meiklejohn (State Manager QLD/NT, Planned Cover) to discuss recent claims, current trends and war stories.
The presentation will cover several important risk areas including:
- Clearly defining your retainer and your brief
- Selection of quality sub-consultants and dealing with scope variations when they arise
- Time limit provision and monetary limitation clauses included within sub-consultant fee offers
- Substitutions for specified products and product data sheets that identify ‘performance specifications’ – tiles, carpets, etc.
- Effective record keeping and attention to detail
- Limitation of liabilities and ‘Back to Back’ contract agreements
- Correct entity name and ABN on contracts – avoid a dispute!
Friday 24 July
Webinar by Zoom. Details to be sent to attendees.
1 formal CPD point
1. Design: Project briefing - 1.1 Preparation and endorsement of an agreement between client and Architect. This agreement will clearly communicate terms, services to be provided, and fees appropriate for the scale and type of project; 1.7 Preparation of project brief for approval by client and relevant stakeholders.
6. Documentation: Documentation - 6.5 Nomination of quality and performance standards with regard to selected materials, finishes, fittings components and systems.
9. Practice Management - 9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice, practice management and registration as an architect.
Members: $25 p/p
Non-Members $40 p/p (incl. GST)
To reserve your place, get in touch with Executive Officer Louise Street by Wednesday, 22 July 2020.comments powered by Disqus