Understanding the Many and Varied Roles of a Superintendent21 February 2020
informed by Planned Cover is offering ACA members a special discounted rate for a national webinar on 19 March on the role of the superintendent on a construction project.
Acting as a superintendent on a construction project isn’t easy. It requires in-depth knowledge of often complex building contracts; an understanding of the ‘dual’ nature of the functions that are required to be performed; and strong people management skills.
Join architect and expert witness, Peter Quigley, who will draw on his experience in professional practice and his involvement in litigated claims to provide insights into the key functions performed by superintendents to assist you in understanding and performing your contract administration role. Issues to be discussed include:
- For Construction documentation
- Understanding your contractual obligations as a Superintendent
- Dealing with client changes during construction and instructing the Contractor
- Assessing progress claims/variations/extensions of time and issuing certificates
- Determining Practical Completion
- Defect Liability periods
Thursday, 19 March 2020
General Admission $80
ACA members 15% discount (use discount code at checkout: 20WEB2ACA)
1 formal hour