Changes to National Construction Code
Join the ACA NSW/ACT committee on Wednesday 29 June for a special presentation on the changes and updates to the National Construction Code with Luke Sheehy from Design Confidence.
The NCC / BCA 2022 comes into effect in September 2022 and with it bring a range of changes and updates, hence the presentation will look to outline the changes and what impact these have on the wider construction industry, specifically architects and designers.
Attendees will gain a timely understanding on important anticipated changes such as:
- New requirements to provide accessible housing impacting all residential Classes of buildings
- New requirements to provide bushfire protection for certain Class 9 buildings
- A complete new structure to NCC BCA clause references together with division of Volume Two into two parts
- Adoption of DtS measures for the weatherproofing of external walls
- And much more including a broad range of technical changes arising from updated referencing of standards, and completion of the acceptable construction practice review undertaken over the last five years.
Luke Sheehy is an Accredited Fire Safety Engineer and Building Regulations Consultant. He is the Managing Director of Design Confidence – Sydney (DCS). DCS is a boutique multi-disciplined building regulatory firm, which provides expert and comprehensive consultancy services pertaining to the following disciplines: Accessibility / DDA; Fire Safety Engineering; and General Building Code Consultancy Services.
5.30pm registration for 6pm presentation
Wednesday, 29 June 2022
451 New South Head Road
Double Bay 2028 NSW
2 CPD points
See the booking link for the Learning Outcomes.
Book your place below. (If the form doesn’t work on your device, head to the trybooking page.)