Event report: Queens Wharf
Queens Wharf Brisbane: Envisioning the Heart of a “New World City” – a report on ACA – Qld/NT’s February 2016 event.
More than 40 people attended the Queens Wharf presentation by Rob Cottee and Naveen Dath of Cottee Parker Architects on 8 February 2016.
The venue at QPAC overlooked the proposed site of the $3 billion Queen’s Wharf Brisbane Integrated Resort Development. The project will include:
- The signature “Arc” building with a spectacular sky deck
- The repurposing of the Treasury Casino and Hotel
- Five premium hotel brands, including the Ritz-Carlton
- Fifty restaurants and bars, from pop-up cafes to fine dining
- Moonlight rooftop cinema and event space
- 12 football fields of public event space
Rob and Naveen outlined their role in the procurement and competition phases and how the project will be managed and delivered over the next six years of the development.
This project is a vibrant city development which will transform Brisbane’s riverfront.