Gallery House Site Tour
Join the QLD/NT Committee and Sandra Browne and Qui Lu from Cottee Parker for a site tour of Gallery House in Hamilton on Tuesday 12 November.
The Gallery House at Portside Wharf in Hamilton consists of two, twenty-storey residential and retail buildings that house 319 new apartments. Cottee Parker Architects endeavoured to create residences that will shape the character and identity of Riverfront Hamilton.
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019, Sandra Browne and Qui Lu of Cottee Parker will discuss the unique features of this project and how they resolved challenges they had to consider, including:
- The Gallery House Site sits in front of the Cruise Terminal and was used for stevedoring / unloading and loading of the ships that docked. How they worked with the Port of Brisbane in the early design stages such that the complex stevedoring operations were not compromised during construction and that future stevedoring could operate in the reduced space.
- Part of the existing cruise terminal was demolished and its operation and passenger flow also had to be considered.
- Gallery House is part of a larger precinct; one of the challenges was connectivity to Portside West.
- How does Gallery House sit within the Portside East Masterplan? These are the first two towers of five to be delivered.
- The water table challenges meant one basement only, with the majority of car parking accommodated above ground, and how they worked with EDQ to provide sleeved apartments with direct access from the car park. These were price pointed well with good market take up.
The tour will enable guests to experience this precinct first-hand and understand the vision for the future Masterplan. Guests will be required to wear their own PPE.
Following the tour, participants will join the QLD/NT Committee for some festive cheer at Byblos at Portside Wharf.
With over 25 years experience, Sandra Browne specialises in delivering thoughtfully designed commercial, multi-residential and masterplanning projects. Starting her career in the UK, Sandra has a wealth of knowledge that allows her to deliver projects that are considered from both a design and business perspective. Sandra is a Director of Cottee Parker.
Qui Lu is a Registered Architect with an extensive career history spanning a number of project disciplines both internationally and in Australia. Qui’s experience across a diverse range of building typologies has seen her develop skills in interpreting and refining the client brief to deliver design options that meet the diverse requirements of planning schemes and project stakeholders.
2.45pm for 3pm sharp to 6pm
Tuesday, 12 November 2019
Tour – Gallery House at Portside Wharf, Hamilton and
Festive Cheer at Byblos, Portside Wharf
Smart casual/work wear + BYO PPE
Member $66 / Non-member $77 (incl. GST)
1 informal CPD point
Click here to register by 5pm
on Friday, 8 November 2019