Insurance & the NSW Design & Building Practitioners Act
The NSW/ACT branch committee is delighted to present Simon Gray and Carina Bogaard from Planned Cover on Wednesday 23 June to discuss the D&BP Act and its insurance implications. BOOK NOW!
This is the fourth in the ACA’s tailored series of seminars on the NSW Design and Building Practitioners Act, which aims to clarify the many questions practitioners have about the new legislation and what it means for architects.
This event will cover the all-important subject of insurance and how the NSW D&BP Act will impact on requirements for practioners, exclusions and premiums.
Simon Gray and Carina Bogaard will provide clarification on the following topics:
- The retrospective Duty of Care
- Design Compliance Declarations
- Registration & “adequate” insurance
- Requirements for practitioners to have the requisite skill and experience to be “covered”
- Insurance market update, including premium trends and the impact the D&BP Act is likely to have on premiums
- Exclusions to look out for – some insurers are applying D&BP Act exclusions
Wednesday 23 June 2021
Club Rose Bay
1 Vickery Avenue, Rose Bay
Members: $35 (incl GST)
Non-Members: $45 (incl GST)
Light refreshments included
Recording and livestreaming will also be available
Participation in this event will deliver 2 formal CPD points
Following completion of this Seminar you will have an improved knowledge of the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020 and corresponding Regulations and the steps that you will need to take to be compliant with the Act and Regulations when they come into force on 1 July.
Units of Competency/Performance Criteria
Practice Management: 9.7
Documentation: 6.4, 6.7, 6.8
Please contact Marie Frost with any enquiries.