NCC Update for Architects
The ACA – QLD/NT branch committee is hosting a lunch forum on the National Construction Code on Wednesday 26 May with guest speaker Michael Moran. BOOK NOW!
The National Construction Code (NCC) is always evolving, and the past few years have seen a rate of change unprecedented in the Code’s history. This presentation will precis:
- the changes the code has undergone in 2019;
- the impact of 2019 mid-cycle amendments, that came into force in July 2020;
- the key changes in 2019 amendment 1 that are about to come into effect in July 2021, including the Performance Solution process;
- a sneak preview of what we might see in the upcoming NCC 2022, which promises to introduce yet more changes to our regulatory environment including the proposed complexity definition.
The presentation will focus on the impact these changes are likely to have for architects and provide insight as to how the changes may manifest in our built environment.
- A summary of NCC changes in 2019 and 2019 amendment 1.
- A look ahead at what the industry is expecting from the NCC 2022 proposed changes.
- The Architects role meeting the requirement for a Performance Based Design Brief (PBDB) for every Performance Solution.
- A worked example of a successful Performance Based Design Brief Process.
- Thoughts about the impact of the Lacrosse decision.
Michael Moran, Director of Philip Chun
Michael has 38 years of building industry experience, including more than 29 years practising as a Building Surveyor. Michael’s experience in multi-storey residential, industrial, commercial and public assembly buildings includes the Cairns Airport Redevelopment, One One One Eagle Street office tower Brisbane, Brisbane Supreme Court and Kogan Creek Power Station. Michael is a member of the Queensland Building and Development Tribunal and has been appointed expert witness on a range of legal building matters.
Wednesday, 26 May 2021
(QLD 12.15pm – 3.00pm)
Lunch and presentation
Frangipani Room 3,
Emporium South Bank,
267 Grey Street, South Brisbane
$120 Members/ $140 Non-members (incl. GST)
Click here to reserve your place by 5pm on Sunday, 23 May 2021.
Enquiries to Louise Street, Executive Officer, ACA QLD/NT Branch.
Participation in this event will deliver 1.5 formal CPD points.