NSW D&BP Act, part 4 – Insurance Implications
Number four in a five-part CPD series on the NSW Design & Building Practitioners Act (DBP Act) features Simon Gray and Carina Bogaard from Planned Cover discussing the insurance implications of the bill.
This CPD webinar was held on 23 June 2021 and is now available for PURCHASE ON DEMAND.
This is the fourth in the ACA’s tailored series of seminars on the NSW Design and Building Practitioners Act, which aims to clarify the many questions practitioners have about the new legislation and what it means for architects.
This webinar covers the all-important subject of insurance and how the NSW D&BP Act will impact on requirements for practitioners.
Simon Gray and Carina Bogaard provide clarification on the following topics:
- The retrospective Duty of Care
- Design Compliance Declarations
- Registration & “adequate” insurance
- Requirements for practitioners to have the requisite skill and experience to be “covered”
- Insurance market update, including premium trends and the impact the D&BP Act is likely to have on premiums
- Exclusions to look out for – some insurers are applying D&BP Act exclusions
Members: $35 (incl GST)
Non-Members: $45 (incl GST)
* One ticket per person
Participation in this event will deliver 2 formal CPD points
Following completion of this Seminar you will have an improved knowledge of the Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020 and corresponding Regulations and the steps that you will need to take to be compliant with the Act and Regulations, which came into force on 1 July 2021.
Units of Competency/Performance Criteria
Practice Management: 9.7
Documentation: 6.4, 6.7, 6.8
Please book below. (If you have trouble with the form, head to the Trybooking page.) For more information, contact Marie Frost.