NSW Design & Building Practitioners Act – An Update
The NSW/ACT branch is pleased to present David Bannerman, Principal of Bannermans Lawyers, for a CPD webinar on the NSW Design and Building Practitioners Act, including recent changes and compliance.
During this session we will guide you through this complicated piece of legislation and discuss:
- The implications for Class 2 and the soon to be implications for Class 3 and 9c buildings.
- Registration for Design and Building Practitioners. Declarations of design and performance of building works.
- What it means for building defect matters.
- The new building works levy.
David Bannerman is the principal of Bannermans Lawyers, Sydney’s leading Strata Law firm, providing specialised legal services for all aspects of building and land from creation to insurance to termination. David is an Accredited Property Law Specialist with the Law Society of New South Wales and has over 15 years extensive experience in all aspects of property law and building litigation.
6pm Tuesday, 18 April 2023
Online via Zoom
ACA Member/Non-member – $25/35 incl GST
(Live & recorded)
Participation in this event will deliver 1 formal CPD point.
NSCA Performance Criteria
Practice Management & Professional Conduct – PC1, PC12, PC46
A person who demonstrates competency in this topic will be able to identify the main changes introduced by the Design & Building Practitioners Act, including but not limited to:
- The implications for Class 2 and soon to be Class 3 & 9c Buildings.
- Registration for Design & Building Practitioners.
- Declarations of design and performance of building works.