Risky Business 2020
The 2020 Risky Business webinar covers common legal issues for architectural practices, with lawyer John Moore and Planned Cover manager Karen Meiklejohn.
This CPD webinar was held on 24 July 2020 and is now available for PURCHASE ON DEMAND.
John Moore (Partner of Thynne + Macartney) and Karen Meiklejohn (State Manager QLD/NT, Planned Cover) discuss recent claims, current trends and war stories.
The presentation covers several important risk areas including:
- Clearly defining your retainer and your brief
- Selection of quality sub-consultants and dealing with scope variations when they arise
- Time limit provision and monetary limitation clauses included within sub-consultant fee offers
- Substitutions for specified products and product data sheets that identify ‘performance specifications’ – tiles, carpets, etc.
- Effective record keeping and attention to detail
- Limitation of liabilities and ‘Back to Back’ contract agreements
- Correct entity name and ABN on contracts – avoid a dispute!
1 formal CPD point
1. Design: Project briefing – 1.1 Preparation and endorsement of an agreement between client and Architect. This agreement will clearly communicate terms, services to be provided, and fees appropriate for the scale and type of project; 1.7 Preparation of project brief for approval by client and relevant stakeholders.
6. Documentation: Documentation – 6.5 Nomination of quality and performance standards with regard to selected materials, finishes, fittings components and systems.
9. Practice Management – 9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice, practice management and registration as an architect.
Members: $25 p/p
Non-Members $40 p/p (incl. GST)
For more information, see contact Katherine Ygosse
M: 0413 520 548