Safe Design Proformas
The ACA’s Safe Design documents help architects to meet their obligations under the Model Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and state-specific regulations.
The Safe Design Proformas were developed by ACA – Vic/Tas in response to the Victoria OHS Act 2004 and have since been updated in response to the Model Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and regulations. Other ACA branches have adapted these to the needs of other states.
For more information about Safe Design refer to Anna Piatkowska’s article “Safe Design – What You Need To Know“.
Safe Design Documents will be updated from time to time to reflect industry use and consultation. If you have feedback on these documents please get in touch.
The Safe Design Proforma includes the following:
- User guide
- Brief discussion on the applicability of the Model Act
- Useful definitions
- An outline of the PCBU’s obligations under the Model Act as a Designer
- Commentary on appropriate record-keeping
- Suggestions for further reading
- Editable spreadsheets to form the basis of the user’s process and records.
Note: The original ACA – Vic Safe Design Process responding to the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 is still available and valid for projects in Victoria. However, principals and contractors may require adherence to the higher standard set by the Model Act.
A Safe Design documents for WA includes:
- Safety in Design Review Report – editable Word template
- Safety in Design Hazard Identification Checklist and Register – editable spreadsheet template
The Safe Design Proforma has been adapted to the South Australian context by the ACA – SA.
The Safe Design Documents are an ACA member resource, and are only available to members. Members should log in to access the downloads below. Find out more about the benefits of ACA membership.
This article was updated on 30 August 2016.