Security of Payment online event
Architects are exposed to contractual and statutory risks on every building project in both the residential and commercial sphere. Please join the ACA NSW/ACT branch committee and Rob Kalde from Bartier Perry for an informative online morning presentation on Security of Payment legislation. FREE for everyone!
Rob Kalde is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, with over 25 years’ experience in building and construction and insurance law. Having worked for boutique practices and run his own niche practice for the last ten years, Rob has developed a stable base of clients in building, construction and related businesses.
This online presentation will explore how building professionals can best use the SOPA legislation to position themselves in the context of:
- Recovering debts due for services rendered as “related goods and services” under the Act
- Bearing in mind the interplay of SOPA in discharging the role of Superintendent under standard form building contracts
- Acting as agent for the Principal or independent
- Professional Indemnity insurance considerations
Thursday 5 October 2023
Online via Teams
Participation in this event will deliver 1 formal CPD point
- SOPA is available to recover debts for professional services.
- Important to present claims so that they fall within SOPA jurisdiction.
- Architects can become “meat in the sandwich” under SOPA discharging the role of appointed superintendent.
- Maintaining a form of independence is always preferable.
- Appropriate insurance coverage is essential for discharging design obligations and risk reduction
AACA Competencies: Practice Management and Professional Conduct – PC9 & PC59
Book below. If this link doesn’t work on your device, head to the booking link.
Please contact Marie Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.