Stage 3 and 4 Restrictions in Victoria
One week into Stage 4 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions in Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions in regional Victoria, key information and resources for individuals and business continues to be rolled out. The following is a summary of useful information and links.
Note that Victoria’s coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions are enforceable with on-the-spot fines of $1,652 for individuals and $9,913 for businesses.
- For a summary of Victoria’s restrictions levels, see the relevant Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) page.
- For those in Melbourne, the DHHS lists detailed information and links regarding Stage 4 Restrictions for Business and Industry.
- For those in regional Victoria, the DHHS lists detailed information and links regarding Stage 3 Restrictions for Regional Victoria.
- The DHHS has provided a table of permitted work premises by sector, with reference to architects doing on site work under the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services heading.
- Business Victoria has a dedicated page on restrictions related to business, with information on border closures, rules for offices and non-public indoor work settings, dealing with employees, and information on developing business continuity and recovery plans.
Support for Business
- Business Victoria has a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Support page, which includes the latest updates on restrictions and links to resources to help support workplaces in planning and responding to the pandemic.
- Business Victoria has a dedicated page that outlines the range of financial support available from the Federal and Victorian governments to help business through COVID-19. Includes links to the Business Support package, the Business Support Fund Expansion (with grants to support businesses through the renewed restrictions) and the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme.
- For clarification of the restrictions around construction sites, worker permits and COVIDSafe Plans, see the ACA’s Clarification of COVID-19 Stage 4 Restrictions.
- Business Victoria has a dedicated page for Construction Sector Guidance, which covers the reduced operation requirements, the rules and restrictions that apply for architects, surveyors, auditors, building inspectors and engineers, information on required documentation, compliance and enforcement.
Safety in the workplace
- For specific advice on how to create a COVIDSafe Plan and how to keep your workplace safe, see the Creating a COVIDSafe workplace page by Business Victoria, which includes detail on employer obligations and a COVIDSafe Plan FAQ doc.
- For those who are having trouble sourcing hand sanitiser and other PPE supplies, Business Victoria has a page of PPE Supplier Directories.
Health and wellbeing
- In these challenging times, the impacts of the pandemic and resulting economic crisis on the mental wellbeing of employees and employers has been a major concern. The ACA Pulse Check No 2 survey invited participants to answer questions about the mental wellbeing of their practice and people. See the ACA’s article highlighting the best tips and advice for looking after the mental wellbeing of all within practice.
- Business Victoria has a dedicated page on Mental Health in Business, which includes info on additional Medicare-subsidised counselling support, an extensive list of resources, and some basic information on identifying symptoms of concern.