The engine of growth
Join the ACA SA committee and Warwick Mihaly from Mihaly Slocombe for our next Business of Small Practice event on 24 May.
Australian architecture students are taught at university to dream about one day starting an architecture practice. This collective dream of independence appeals to a large number of us, with many finding ways to turn it into reality. We start practices, become our own bosses, and if we’re both clever and lucky maybe even grow our small practices into bigger ones. But…
- Why and how do we grow?
- What types of projects will support our growth?
- How do we charge the right amount for our services?
- How do we attract new clients?
- How do we organise our workflows?
- When should we employ new staff and who are the right people to employ?
- How do we make sure all this is achieved with purpose and order?
Warwick Mihaly will explore these important questions, reflecting on lessons learned from a decade of running and growing Mihaly Slocombe with his wife, Erica. He’s going to pull apart their engine of growth, lay the bits out on the table, and hopefully put it all back together again.
Tuesday 24 May
4.30pm to 7.30pm
Jack & Jill’s Bar and Restaurant
121 Pirie Street, Adelaide
Members $35 (incl GST)
Non-Members $50 (incl GST)
Reserve your tickets by making a booking here.
Thanks to sponsor of ACA SA for 2022