COVID Resource Roundup
COVID-19 has changed the way we live and work. What has become very clear throughout the pandemic has been the fast-moving, ever-changing nature of rules, restrictions and support from governments as new variants emerge and conditions change.
Keeping on top of changes and creating a COVID safe workplace, while also keeping projects on track, is a constant challenge. The following is a list of useful links providing up-to-date advice and information.
COVID-19 Restriction Checker
The Federal Government’s Health Direct has a COVID-19 restriction checker to keep you abreast of changing restrictions in each state and territory. Categories covered include Face Masks, Travel, Lockdowns and Outbreaks, Education and Childcare, and Gatherings and Work.
Safe Work Australia
Safe Work Australia (SWA) has developed extensive resources, fact sheets and checklists to assist with COVID-related health and safety in the workplace. The SWA website acts as a central hub of Work Health and Safety guidance and tools that all Australian workplaces can use to successfully form the basis of their management of health and safety risks posed by COVID-19.
Fair Work Australia
The Fair Work Ombudsman website has its Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws page, which covers workplace laws, obligations and entitlements for employers and employees affected by COVID-19, seeking guidance on vaccinations, and covered by awards varied by the Fair Work Commission during the pandemic.
Return to work checklist for small business – A handy list of useful links to help employers understand the rights and obligations of employees and your practice when returning to the workplace.
Returning to the workplace – interactive employer tool – This Fair Work tool has been designed to help small businesses (including architecture practices) to get back up and running during the pandemic, including:
- reopening your practice after a temporary closure
(transitioning employees, changing employees’ hours, duties or work location, keeping up-to-date with workplace laws, and checking your records)
- Scaling up operations
(scaling up safely, hiring new employees if required, changing workplace laws, flexible work options)
- Adapting your practice
(maintaining a safe workplace, managing and reviewing WFH arrangements, reviewing and adapting flexible work arrangements, planning for future changes)
States and Territories
- COVID-19 Information and Advice in the ACT
- ACT Current Restrictions for Businesses
- COVID-19 Economic Support for Businesses
- Business FAQs
- COVID-19 Information
- Current COVID-19 Rules
- COVID Safe Business
- COVID-19 Financial Support for Business
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NT Information
- Current Rules & Restrictions
- Business Support
- Business Guidelines & Safety Plans
- COVID-19 updates for Queensland
- Restrictions in Queensland
- Coronavirus Business Assistance Finder
- Business Health & Safety Resources
- COVID-19 Information for South Australians
- SA Current Restrictions
- Create a COVID-Safe Plan
- SA Support for Businesses
- Coronavirus Information
- Current Restrictions for Business
- Business Support
- COVID-19 Case & Outbreak Management
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria Information and Updates
- COVIDSafe Plans
- COVIDSafe Workplaces
- Business Grants and Support